Sunday, October 20, 2019

Lessons learnt from One Piece

Lessons Learnt from One Piece




One Piece is a story about a boy named Luffy who has a dream of becoming the Pirate King. He sets off on a journey from the East Blue Sea to find the famed treasure One Piece. Although starting off the journey solo, he eventually meets and gathers his pirate crew from different parts of the world. 















You can't bring back what is lost, you can only focus on what you have



At one point in the series, Luffy's brother Ace was captured by the World Government and was facing a public execution for all the pirate activities that he had participated in. Despite the danger, Luffy rushed into the battlefield without any hesitation in an attempt to save his precious older brother. While nearly succeeding, all of Luffy's efforts were lost as he watches his brother die right in front of him. Ace protected Luffy from a killing blow from one of the Admirals of the World Government. At that point Luffy was devastated like anyone would be when they experience a sudden loss of a loved one.

After the events of his brother's death, Luffy was really struggling to accept the fact that his precious brother was taken away from him on that day. He resorted to self-harm and various other methods to distract himself from the pain he had from losing his brother. But one of Luffy's good friends stopped him and told Luffy to snap out of it and focus on what he still has in the present. Luffy eventually came to his senses and realise what has happened cannot be undone and there are still people around him that he deeply cares about so has to push forward. 

This was personally a powerful moment for me as I often catch myself mulling over the past quite often. I always felt that I could have done more to prevent the loss of something whether it be a simple basketball game, a past relationship or even when a family member passes away.  But this moment would often remind me that what is lost cant return and the only thing I can do is to move forward. I am sure everyone in this world has experienced the loss of a loved one. It is perfectly fine to grieve and feel sad when someone important in your life is gone, however I think that people should also accept the fact that everyone would eventually leave this world when they pass away and resorting to extreme measures to numb the pain you felt at that time of the loss is really unnecessary. I learned that thinking about things that still really matter to me helps with the process and pushes me to cherish the people I care about even more. 

Thank you, stay tuned for my next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment